FUNCTIONS OF OYO STATE INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE
- Administer the personal income Tax Decree, 1993 and any tax or levy which shall be under the care of the Board.
- Formulate from time to time proposal for the expansion and increase of the internal source of the revenue of the state.
iii. Identify the source of the revenue available in the state;
- Enlightened the public on the subject of taxation.
- Appropriately assess all sources of revenue and taxes in the state;
- Design effective revenue collection machinery and implement it;
vii. Enforce all loss relating to taxation and revenue collection;
viii. Keep proper accounts and records in relation to all tax or revenue collections made by the Board;
- Monitor and coordinate the collection of taxes and revenue in the state by all agencies of the government such as ministries, Parastatals and public companies;
- Do all such things as may consider necessary or expedient for the assessment and collection of taxes and revenue;
- Ensure the effectiveness and optimum collection of all taxes and penalties due to government under the relevant laws;
xii. Make recommendation, where appropriate, to the joint tax Board on tax policy, tax reform, tax legislation, tax treaties and exemptions as may be required from time to time; and
xiii. Generally exercise over the management of the state Internal Revenue Service on matters of policy.